Privacy and Cookies
1 december 2020
Your privacy is of great importance for askemo BV. We adhere to all relevant laws and legislations concerning privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In short, we:
- Clearly document our intentions before we process your data, with this privacy statement;
- Collect as little personal data as possible; we only collect data which is vital for you to use our application;
- Explicitly ask for your permission before we process any of your personal data, in cases where this is required;
- Take necessary security measures to protect your personal data. We also impose these obligations on parties that process personal data for us;
- Respect your rights, such as the right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data processed by us.
Your data is safe with us and we will always use it properly. In this privacy statement, we explain what we do at askemo with information we learn about you.
If you have any questions or want to know exactly what data we process of you, please contact us.
Subscribe to askemo
When you subscribe to askemo, we use your personal data to process the payment.
For this we use your payment details, billing address, telephone number, e-mail address and name and address details. We need this because of the contract we conclude with you. We keep this information for three months after you have canceled the subscription. We keep certain customer data longer in connection with the statutory tax retention obligation.
Access to askemo admin portal
Our admin portal gives you access to a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings for your company and/or users. We keep track of what you have done and when, ensuring there is evidence of your actions.
We use your email address and login details for this. We need this because of the contract we conclude with you. We keep this information for three months after the end of our service to you.
We work with companies that can receive your personal data mentioned above from us, so that we can continue to work on improving and optimizing askemo. This disclosure never has a commercial purpose.
Statistics and profiling
We keep statistics on the use of askemo. With these statistics we can, for example, improve our services to show only relevant information. We can combine your personal data to find out more about you. We will of course respect your privacy at all times. If you do not want this, you can always report this to us.
For this we use your name and address details, email address and telephone number. We need this because of the contract we conclude with you. We keep this information for three months.
You can buy items within askemo where we use your personal data to process and register the purchase.
For this we use your name and address details, telephone number, billing address, e-mail address and payment details. We need this because of the contract we conclude with you. We keep this information for three months after your order has been completed. We keep certain customer data longer in connection with the statutory tax retention obligation.
We work with certain companies that can receive your personal data mentioned above from us, so we can continue to work on improving and optimizing askemo. This disclosure never has a commercial purpose.
We offer a newsletter, our users are automatically added to the recipients’ list. In the newsletter you can read news, tips and information about our products and services.
For this we use your name and address and e-mail address. We do this based on your permission. We keep this information until you cancel the subscription. You can cancel the subscription to the newsletter at any time. Every newsletter contains an unsubscribe link.
Certain functionalities of askemo require you to register first. You will need to provide information about yourself and possibly choose a username. We create an account with which you can log in with that username and a password of your choice.
For this we use your telephone number, e-mail address, billing address, name and address details and payment details. We need this because of the contract we conclude with you. We keep this information for three months after you have closed the account.
We keep this information so that you do not have to enter it again and again and so that we can approach you more easily if necessary. You can change your details and information via your account at all times.
We would like to send you advertisements about offers and new products or services. We do this by e-mail. You can object to this advertisement at any time. Each email contains an unsubscribe link. You can block us or use the unsubscribe option.
Sometimes it may be necessary for our company askemo to find out where you are. If this happens, we request your location details at that time and only if you give permission, we will receive this information.
For this service we use the navigation and location software on your phone, tablet or computer. We have no control over what the makers of this software (such as Google or Apple) do with it. So always read their privacy statements.
Disclosure to other companies or institutions
With the exception of the parties required to provide the above-mentioned services of askemo, we do not give your personal data to other companies or institutions under any circumstances, except if we are legally obliged to do so (for example, if the authorities require this in the event of a suspected crime).
We keep statistics on the use of askemo.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies do not legally need to be reported in this Privacy Statement, but we are happy to give you all the information. Functional cookies have a functional role on askemo.nl, for example remembering login details.
- Session Cookies: With the help of session cookies we can see which parts of the site you have visited. We can therefore adjust our service as much as possible to the surfing behavior of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
- Analytical Cookies: We use Google Analytics to track how visitors use our services. We have entered into a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with Google. It contains strict agreements about what they are allowed to keep. We have not allowed Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services. We force Google to anonymize the IP addresses. However, we do not always have full control over what companies such as Google do with the data. Always read their privacy statements if you want complete security.
Askemo uses the following Tracking Cookies: Hotjar, LeadInfo.
You can disable the placing of cookies via your browser, some functionalities from askemo may not work properly anymore.
Security of personal data is very important to us. We ensure that your data is properly secured with us. We always adjust security and pay close attention to what can possibly go wrong.
Changes to this statement
When changes in our company occur, we sometimes also need to adjust the privacy statement. Always pay attention to the date on this document and check regularly for new versions. We will do our best to notify you of any changes.
If you have questions or want to know what personal data we have about you, you can always contact us. See the contact details below or visit the askemo website. You have the right to:
- receive explanation of what personal data we have and what we do with it;
- access detailed personal data we have in possession;
- have errors corrected;
- have outdated personal data removed;
- withdraw consent;
- restrict particular data processing;
- object to a particular use of your personal data.
We will in principle comply with your request within 30 days. However, this deadline may be extended for reasons related to the specific rights of data subjects or the complexity of the request. If we extend this period, we will notify you in time.
Complaints? Get in touch
If you want to file a complaint about the use of your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We deal with every complaint immediately.
If you still think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority. This is called the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).