Privacy & Cookies
1 june 2021
Your privacy is of great importance to askemo BV. We therefore comply with the relevant laws and regulations on privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: GDPR). This means that we:
- Clearly define our purposes before we process your personal data, via this privacy statement;
- Store as little personal data as possible and only the data that is necessary for our purposes;
- Explicitly ask for permission to process your personal data, should permission be required;
- Take necessary security measures to protect your personal data. We also impose these obligations on parties who process personal data for us;
- Respect your rights, such as the right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data processed by us.
Your details are safe with us! This privacy statement explains what we at askemo do with your information.
If you have any questions or want to know exactly what we keep of you, please contact us.
Signing up for a subscription
You can opt for a paid subscription with our company askemo, whereby we use your personal data to process the payment.
For this purpose, we use your payment details, invoice address, telephone number, e-mail address and name and address. We need these details because of the contract we have with you. We keep this information for three months after you cancel your subscription. We keep certain customer data longer in connection with the legal tax retention obligation.
Access askemo admin-portal
With our admin portal, you get access to a management environment where you can set, enter and change things for your business. We keep track of what you have done and when, so there is proof of that.
To do this, we use your email address and login details. We need these because of the contract we have with you. We keep this information for three months after we have finished serving you. We cooperate with certain companies who may receive your personal data mentioned above from us, so that we can continue to improve and optimise askemo. This provision never has a commercial purpose.
Statistics and profiling
We keep statistics on the use of askemo.
We use these statistics to improve our business, for example, by showing only relevant information. We may combine your personal data to find out more about you. Naturally, we will respect your privacy at all times. If you do not want this, you can always let us know. For this purpose, we will use your name and address, e-mail address and telephone number. We need these because of the contract we have with you. We keep this information for three months.
You can purchase items from askemo whereby we use your personal data to process and register the purchase.
For this purpose, we use your name and address, telephone number, billing address, e-mail address and payment details. We need these details to fulfil the contract we have with you. We keep this information for three months after your order is completed. We keep certain customer data longer in connection with the legal tax retention obligation. We cooperate with certain companies who may receive your personal data mentioned above so that we can continue to improve and optimise askemo. This provision never has a commercial purpose.
We sent out a newsletter and you will automatically be added to the list of subscribers. The newsletter contains news, tips and information about our products and services.
Some askemo features require you to register first. You must then provide information about yourself and possibly choose a user name. We will then create an account for you to log into with your user name and password of your choice.
For this purpose we will use your telephone number, e-mail address, billing address, name and address and payment details. We need these details because of the contract we have with you. We keep this information for three months after you have cancelled your account. We keep this information so that you do not have to fill it in again each time and so that we can contact you more easily if necessary. You can change information in your account whenever you want.
We would like to send you advertisements about offers and new products or services.
We do this by e-mail. You can object to this advertising at any time. Every e-mail contains an unsubscribe link. You can block us or use the unsubscribe option.
Sometimes it may be necessary for our company askemo to find out where you are. We then ask separately whether we are allowed to know this and only if you give permission will we receive this information.
For this service, we use the navigation and location software on your phone, tablet or computer. We have no control over what the makers of this software (such as Google or Apple) do with it. So always read their privacy statements as well.
Communication to other companies or institutions
With the exception of the parties required to provide the aforementioned services, we will under no circumstances pass on your personal data to other companies or institutions, except if we are legally obliged to do so.
Cookies are small files in which we can store information so that you do not have to fill it in every time. But they also allow us to see that you are visiting us again.
We use the following cookies:
- Functional Cookies: These cookies are not legally required to be reported in this privacy statement, but we would like to give you all the information. Functional cookies have a functional role on askemo.co.uk, for example to remember login details. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Session Cookies: Using a session cookie, we can see which parts of the site you have viewed during this visit. This enables us to adapt our service as much as possible to the surfing behaviour of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- Analytical Cookies: We use Google Analytics to track how visitors use our company. We have concluded a processing agreement with Google. This contains strict agreements about what they are allowed to keep track of. We have not allowed Google to use the Analytics information for other Google services. We have Google anonymise the IP addresses. However, we do not always have complete control over what companies such as Google do with the cookies. So always read their privacy statements if you want to be fully sure.
Askemo uses the following Tracking Cookies: LeadInfo. These cookies allow us to analyse the use of the website. You can disable cookies in your browser but some features of askemo may not work properly.
The security of personal data is of great importance to us.
We ensure that your data is properly secured. We constantly adjust the security and pay attention to what can go wrong.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
When our company changes, we naturally have to adapt the privacy statement as well.
Always pay attention to the date at the top of this document and check regularly for new versions. We will do our best to inform you of any changes.
If you have any questions or want to know what personal data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us.
See the contact details below or on the askemo website. You have the following rights:
- To know what personal data we have and what we do with it;
- To see the exact personal data we have;
- To have errors corrected;
- request deletion of outdated personal data;
- withdraw consent;
- restrict a certain processing;
- object to a certain use.
We will comply with your request within 30 days. However, this period may be extended for reasons relating to the specific rights of data subjects or the complexity of the request. If we extend this period, we will inform you in a timely manner.
Register a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the use of your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will deal with any complaint promptly.
If you still feel that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority: the Personal Data Authority.